Chickpea, Cicer arietinum, garbanzo bean ,Bengal gram 100% organic,Seeds
Chickpea, Cicer arietinum, garbanzo bean ,Bengal gram 100% organic
What Are Chickpeas?
Chickpeas (Cicer arietinum L.) are a type of legume in the same family as kidney beans and peanuts. They're also called garbanzo beans. They have a buttery, nutty flavor and creamy texture. In the U.S., we often see the Kabuli variety, which are tan, round, and slightly larger than a pea. In the Middle East and India, the Desi variety is more common. These are smaller, darker, and less round than Kabuli chickpeas.
The earliest known use dates to 3500 B.C. in Turkey and 6970 B.C. in France. Today they’re grown in more than 50 countries. India produces more chickpeas than any other country in the world.
Chickpea Health Benefits
Chickpeas help control blood sugar. Canned and dried chickpeas have a low glycemic index. This means your body absorbs and digests them slowly. Also, they have a type of starch that digests slowly, called amylose. Both of these things help keep your blood sugar and insulin from going up too fast. This is good for people with diabetes.
They help with digestion.Chickpeas are high in dietary fiber, especially a soluble fiber called raffinose. The good bacteria in your gut breaks this down so your colon can digest it slowly. Studies have found that eating more chickpeas can help make bowel movements easier and more regular.
They can help lower cholesterol. Soluble fiber is good for more than gut health. It can lessen your total cholesterol and your LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. This lowers your risk of heart disease. Studies have shown that you can lessen your total cholesterol if you add chickpeas to your diet.
They may lower your cancer risk. When you eat chickpeas, your body makes a short-chain fatty acid called butyrate. In studies, butyrate is shown to help get rid of sick and dying cells. This may lower your risk for colorectal cancer. Chickpeas have other cancer-fighting compounds, too, such as lycopene and saponins.
They give you stronger bones.Chickpeas and other legumes have calcium, magnesium, fiber, and other nutrients for strong bones. But be sure to soak them first to get rid of things called phytates, which can get in the way of your body absorbing the calcium in chickpeas.
They could boost your mental health.Chickpeas have choline, a nutrient that helps make important chemicals for memory, mood, muscle control, and other brain and nervous system activity.
How to Prepare and Eat Chickpeas
You can buy them dried in a bag like beans and then soak them in water and boil them. Or you can buy them canned. Either way, they’re delicious and nutritious.
- Hummus. Chickpeas are the main ingredient in hummus, a delicious dip that also calls for tahini, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Soups and salads.Toss whole chickpeas onto any salad, soup, or stew.
- As a snack. Spread a layer of chickpeas on a baking sheet. Add your favorite seasonings and roast them until they’re golden and crunchy.
- Vegan cooking. Vegans love aquafaba, the liquid from canned chickpeas. It has similar properties to egg whites, and you can use it as an egg substitute.
10g, 50g, 100g, 250g, 500g, 1000g
- Items will be shipped within 1-5 working days. All items will be checked carefully and packages will be in good condition.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $29 and we ship the orders to limited countries.
- United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Netherlands, Israel, Ireland, Canada, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Egypt, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, South Africa, Brazil,
- Items will be shipped by Sri Lankan post and we offer an express shipping method. Buyers can choose a shipping method during the checkout
- The arrival time depends on your location. Usually, it takes 7-14 working days once ship the order.
- The item will be shipped to the shipping address that you have entered in the checkout, please make sure your “Ship to” address on our website is correct.
- A tracking number will be emailed to you upon shipment and you can check the status of your order here:
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you didn't receive your package at the time scheduled. Within 24 hours we will try to update you with the latest tracking details of the shipment.