200g Dried Lemongrass 100% Organic
sold in last hours
Order in the next [totalHours] hours %M minutes to get it between and
People are viewing this right now
Dried Lemongrass 100% Organic
Lemongrass is a tropical plant native to Southeast Asia and a common ingredient in Thai cuisine. Now grown in Africa, Australia, and North and South America, lemongrass is widely used as a natural remedy for digestive issues, neurological problems, and high blood pressure.
Lemongrass reportedly has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It has traditionally been used as a pain reliever and fever reducer. Lemongrass contains citral, a natural plant compound with anti-inflammatory effects.
Lemongrass extract is also used to provide the fresh scent in many soaps, candles, disinfectants, and insect repellants.
The best way to enjoy lemongrass is in tea, either commercially prepared or made from fresh lemongrass stalks. You can find fresh lemongrass stalks in Asian grocery stores.
One ounce of lemongrass contains:
Protein: 1 gram
Fat: 0 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Sugar: 0 grams
Lemongrass also contains iron, calcium, and vitamin C. Iron is an essential component of hemoglobin, a vital substance that transfers oxygen from your lungs to your blood.
Potential Health Benefits of Lemongrass
Research has found several potential health benefits of lemongrass. Lemongrass is a rich source of flavonoids and phenolic compounds, which contain antioxidants. It’s also an effective antibacterial and antifungal agent that contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Lemongrass contains quercetin, a flavonoid known for having antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Quercetin reduces inflammation, which inhibits cancer cell growth and prevents heart disease.
Lemongrass is used in Africa as a treatment for coronary heart disease. One study conducted a seven-day treatment of lemongrass extract on rats, which resulted in elevated cholesterol levels decreasing significantly.
Lemongrass essential oil has shown antifungal and anti-inflammatory effects when applied topically. Researchers tested the topical application of lemongrass oil on fungal infections and inflammatory skin conditions in mice. Although it showed promise as an effective treatment for skin conditions, more research needs to be conducted.
E. Coli Infection
E. coli bacterial infections can cause food poisoning if you eat contaminated foods. It can also cause urinary tract infections and pneumonia. One study found that lemongrass extract effectively reduces the toxicity of E. coli cultures and can help treat bacterial infections in the digestive tract.
Potential Risks of Lemongrass
Because lemongrass has such potent ingredients, you should consult with your doctor before taking it or any other supplement. Consider the following risks before consuming lemongrass or lemongrass tea:
Lemongrass oil can irritate the skin when applied topically. If you experience an allergic reaction after applying the oil to your skin, you may also want to avoid consuming lemongrass orally.
Some sources claim that pregnant women should avoid lemongrass. While evidence that lemongrass can trigger menstrual flow is lacking, there is some concern that lemongrass could cause a miscarriage. More research is necessary to determine whether or not lemongrass is safe to consume during pregnancy.
|Number of dried Leaves pieces||
10g, 30g, 50g, 100g, 200g
- Items will be shipped within 1-5 working days. All items will be checked carefully and packages will be in good condition.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $29 and we ship the orders to limited countries.
- United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Netherlands, Israel, Ireland, Canada, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Egypt, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, South Africa, Brazil,
- Items will be shipped by Sri Lankan post and we offer an express shipping method. Buyers can choose a shipping method during the checkout
- The arrival time depends on your location. Usually, it takes 7-14 working days once ship the order.
- The item will be shipped to the shipping address that you have entered in the checkout, please make sure your “Ship to” address on our website is correct.
- A tracking number will be emailed to you upon shipment and you can check the status of your order here:
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you didn't receive your package at the time scheduled. Within 24 hours we will try to update you with the latest tracking details of the shipment.
200g Dried Lemongrass 100% Organic