500+ Castor seeds, Castor beans, Castor plant seeds
500+ Castor seeds, Castor beans, Castor plant seeds
Health benefits of Castor beans
Castor seeds are well-known for several health properties and chief among them is the use of castor seed oil as a cleansing laxative and purgative. Many herbalists make the use of castor bean oil in order to treat food poisoning. In Chinese medicine castor bean seeds also popularly known as castor oil seeds are used to extract the castor oil and use it as an external application. Listed below are few of the health benefits of castor beans
Poultice prepared from castor seeds can be applied with beneficial results to gouty and rheumatic swellings. Decoction of the roots of castor plant with carbonate of potash is also useful in the treatment of lumbago, rheumatism and sciatica. Paste of the kernel without the embryo, boiled in milk, is also given as a medicine in these conditions.
2. Skin Disorders
Poultice of castor leaves is beneficial as an external application to boils and swellings. Coated with some bland oil such as coconut oil and heated, the hot leaves can be applied over guinea-worm sores to extract the worms. A poultice of castor seeds is also applied to scrofulous sores and boils due to tuberculosis of lymph nodes.
3. Bowel cleansing
Early evidence has shown that a single dose of castor oil given by mouth may help cleanse the bowels. Some research recommends that castor oil is more effective at causing bowel movements than a high-fiber diet or milk of magnesia and cascara. There is disagreement about whether castor oil is better than a commercial kit composed of magnesium citrate oral solution, phenolphthalein, and bisacodyl.
4. Problem of Breast Milk Secretion
Castor oil massaged over the breast after child-birth increases the flow of milk, as it stimulates the mammary glands. Castor leaves can also be used to stimulate the breasts, for the same purpose.
If used regularly as hair oil, it helps the growth of the hair and cures dandruff.
6. Jaundice and liver related problems
Fresh leaves of castor plant have hepato-protective action i.e. it protects liver damage. In case of jaundice in initial stage, use fresh leaf of plant to cure it. For this take 4-5 gm. of leaves and grind them. Add this to boiling water and make decoction and drink twice a day. Or take 4-5 gm. of leaves and extract its juice, mix with water and drink twice a day.
Castor oil can safely be used round the year. It simply passes out after completing its purgative action, making the patient feel a mild irritation in the anus at that time.
Administration of castor oil as a purgative is very simple. About 30 to 60 grams of pure odorless castor oil is given orally with 250 to 375 grams of lukewarm milk. It acts just after an hour. Those who find its use nauseating and unpalatable: can take it with ginger water or aqua anisi in place of milk. This greatly reduces its’ unpleasantness, while destroying mucous and promoting healthy appetite.
8. Natural Birth-Control
According to Ayurvedic and Unani treatises, if a woman chews one castor seed daily for a period of seven days after the menstruation she becomes sterile. This has been interpreted by many that castor seed is an herb for birth control and if the woman swallows one castor seed, after the menstrual cycle she will not conceive during that month. When pregnancy is preferred, the practice can be given up and conception follows after a year.
9. Repellent properties
Taste of the castor oil is terrible so it has been used as a spray to repel moles. Similarly the odor of the castor plants is unpleasant; thus, they have been used as repellent when planted around the mole infested areas. Care should be taken that children and pets have no access to the poisonous seeds.
|Number of dried Seeds||
30 Seeds, 50 seeds, 100 Seeds, 150 Seeds, 200 seeds, 500 Seeds
- Items will be shipped within 1-5 working days. All items will be checked carefully and packages will be in good condition.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $29 and we ship the orders to limited countries.
- United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Netherlands, Israel, Ireland, Canada, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Egypt, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, South Africa, Brazil,
- Items will be shipped by Sri Lankan post and we offer an express shipping method. Buyers can choose a shipping method during the checkout
- The arrival time depends on your location. Usually, it takes 7-14 working days once ship the order.
- The item will be shipped to the shipping address that you have entered in the checkout, please make sure your “Ship to” address on our website is correct.
- A tracking number will be emailed to you upon shipment and you can check the status of your order here:
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you didn't receive your package at the time scheduled. Within 24 hours we will try to update you with the latest tracking details of the shipment.