100+ Yardlong bean, pea bean, long-podded cowpea, Chinese long bean, snake bean
How to Plant Yard long Beans
Direct sow yardlong beans after all danger of frost is past and the soil is at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are worried about not having a long enough season for the beans to mature, you can warm the soil by covering it with black plastic a few weeks before your last frost date.
Sow yardlong bean seeds about 1 inch deep, spaced about 3 inches apart. Rows should be spaced about 24 inches apart. Thin out the plants to a 6-inch spacing as the seedlings emerge. In warm zones, you can succession plant two or three times at two-week intervals, and also plant a late summer or fall crop.
Because beans are legumes, they can benefit from applying a soil inoculant before planting. Coating the seeds with inoculant will help the plants to take nitrogen from the air to use as fertilizer.
Yardlong beans have long vines, often growing 8 to 12 feet tall. Except for dwarf, bush varieties, you will need to give them a tall support or grow them along a fence. Put your trellis or other support in the ground at planting time. If you can reach to harvest it, a teepee of 7 feet is a good size for the beans to scramble on. Don't make the poles any larger than 2 inches in circumference, so the vines can take hold
|Number of seeds||
20, 50, 100
- Items will be shipped within 1-5 working days. All items will be checked carefully and packages will be in good condition.
- We offer free shipping on orders over $29 and we ship the orders to limited countries.
- United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Netherlands, Israel, Ireland, Canada, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Egypt, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, South Africa, Brazil,
- Items will be shipped by Sri Lankan post and we offer an express shipping method. Buyers can choose a shipping method during the checkout
- The arrival time depends on your location. Usually, it takes 7-14 working days once ship the order.
- The item will be shipped to the shipping address that you have entered in the checkout, please make sure your “Ship to” address on our website is correct.
- A tracking number will be emailed to you upon shipment and you can check the status of your order here:
- Please do not hesitate to contact us if you didn't receive your package at the time scheduled. Within 24 hours we will try to update you with the latest tracking details of the shipment.